Latest Software for Ashling Debugging Tools for NXP MPC565 Power Architecture embedded microprocessors
PathFinder-MPC565 Debugger Software Status:
Current version: 1.1.3
Released on: Jan. 15th. 2016
PathFinder-MPC565 now includes real-time Code Coverage Measurement
- New features in PathFinder-MPC565 v1.1.3
- README.TXT for PathFinder-MPC565 v1.1.3
- Download PathFinder-MPC565 v1.1.3
- Important Installation Information for USB Operation
- Important Installation Information for Opella
Ashling's PathFinder-MPC565 v1.1.3 Source Debugger software, used with Ashling's Vitra, Genia and Opella Emulators for NXP Power Architecture MPC56x/MPC53x/MPC555, includes many updates and improvements in response to requests from MPC565 developers.
PathFinder-MPC565 is available for download by registered and authorized users of Arcadi's Software Update and Support Service for Ashling MPC565 tools.
- PathFinder-MPC565 at v1.1.3 and SymFinder-DWARF at v1.2.8.
- Supports Windows 7 and Windows 8.x host PCs, 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Correct versioning for PathFinder.
- SymFinder-DWARF fixes for errors 30122 and 30115.
You can download and view the PathFinder-MPC56x v1.1.3 Readme.TXT here
Before downloading PathFinder, please note that:
- Corporate users should first check with their Tools Support Group before downloading; an authorized Software Update Service login and password is needed to download this software.
- You will need Windows administration privileges to install PathFinder; additionally, all PathFinder users require full access privileges to the PathFinder installation directory at all times.
How to download and install PathFinder-MPC565
Installing the current version of PathFinder-MPC565 requires that you:
- Download the PathFinder-MPC565 installation file (see below), using your Arcadi Software Update Service username and password
- Unzip the PathFinder-MPC565 installation zip-file and run SETUP to install the software
Unzip using WINZIP or PKZIP for Windows and run SETUP.EXE from the downloaded zip-file.
Please note that software and hardware user logins may be different. For software downloads, use the appropriate (software) username and password.
Important Installation Information for USB Operation
If you see a "New USB hardware found" message after you connect your Vira or Genia Emulator to your PC using a USB cable, then point the USB driver installation wizard to your PFPPC (PathFinder for PowerPC MPC565) directory to allow installation of the Ashling USB driver.
Important Installation Information for Opella
Please note that the Ashling Opella emulator for MPC56x/53x/555 requires a PC or with a standard Parallel Printer Port configured for Bi-directional mode (also known as PS/2 mode), Extended Capabilities Port (ECP) mode or Enhanced Parallel Port (EPP) mode. Opella will not work correctly if your parallel port is configured for Normal (also known as AT type or ISA compatible) mode. You can configure your parallel port using your PC's CMOS or BIOS settings menu.