Ashling Source Debugger and Hardware Debug Probe for Microchip® PIC32™ developmentMicrochip’s new PIC32™ controller family is based on the high-performance MIPS® M4K RISC core. Building on Microchip's 8- and 16-bit PIC® microcontrollers, the PIC32™ MCU family delivers 32-bit performance to power increasingly-complex embedded designs.
Developed in co-operation with Microchip Technology, Inc. and supplied and supported by Arcadi Systems, the Ashling toolset for PIC32 offers a comprehensive solution for PIC32™ application development.The toolset includes:
- Opella-XD-MIPS fast, easy-to-install EJTAG hardware debug interface
- PathFinder Source-level Debugger Software
- GNU GDB MIPS Server, allowing use of Opella-XD hardware interface with GNU GDB MIPS/Eclipse debuggers
The compact and powerful Opella-XD-MIPS unit provides the EJTAG hardware interface between the Source-Level Debugger and your target Microchip PIC32 application.
PathFinder-PIC32 Source DebuggerPathFinder-MIPS is Ashling's Source-level Debugger for PIC32™ devices, with multiple user-configurable windows, point-and-click, drag-and-drop, hover data display, splitter windows, menu-bar, and script (macro)-file controls. PathFinder’s Object-Oriented Monitoring and Editing System provides tree-structured “click to expand” access to all memory-areas, register sets, registers and bits of the PIC32 processor, with a logical and friendly display.
PathFinder is the User Interface for the Ashling Opella-PIC32 Emulator, and the Vitra-PIC32 Emulator and Trace.
The PathFinder Source-Level Debugger for Microchip PIC32 development features multiple user-configurable windows, point-and-click, drag-and-drop, hover help and hover data display, splitter windows, menu-bar, button, hot-key and script (macro)-file controls.
PathFinder features include:
- Support for all PIC32™ toolsets, including Microchip’s C32 (MPLAB), MIPS™ SDE and all other ELF/DWARF compliant compilers
- Full C and assembly source level debug support including step-into, step-over and step-out-of
- Built-in Code Browser allowing rapid navigation of application source code
- Call Stack (Backtrace) window shows current function stack with optional parameter display
- Powerful script language to control, monitor and log all Emulator functions from within PathFinder
- Remote Control Interface allows external applications to control PathFinder/Emulator via TCP/IP-based API
- Operating System Debug using integrated TOS monitoring window based on open-standard Kernel Debug Interface (KDI) API
- Full run-time control debug support for cached applications
- Hardware and unlimited software breakpoint support
- Translation Lookaside Buffer (TLB) window allowing easy setup and interrogation of the TLB
- Integrated flash programming and debug support
- Support for Windows Vista/XP/2000
Devices SupportedMicrochip PIC32MX300, PIC32MX320, PIC32MX340, PIC32MX360.
Contact Arcadi Systems for support on new Microchip PIC32 devices.
PIC32 Toolset Order Codes:
|Opella-XD-MIPS Debug Probe. Includes USB 2.0 cable, documentation and diagnostic software||Opella-XD-MIPS|
|14-pin Target Probe Cable with 0.1"-pitch IDC connector. EJTAG versions 2.5 - 4.10. Supports target voltages 0.9V to 3.3V||TPAOP-MIPS14|
|PathFinder-MIPS Source Debugger software for Windows hosts; supports all popular MIPS compilers.||PF-MIPS|
|GDB-Server-MIPS drivers: To connect GNU GDB-Server-compliant Source Debugger (Windows and Linux hosts) to Opella-XD Probe||GDB-Server-MIPS-XD|