Byte Craft's Compilers and Assemblers are supplied and supported by Arcadi Systems
Byte Craft Tools for Embedded Development
Byte Craft Limited makes C compilers and macro-assemblers for a wide range of Embedded Microprocessors with specialized instruction-sets.
- eTPU-C for Freescale eTPU
- MPC for Microchip PIC-12x/14x/16x/17x
- C6808 for Freescale MC68HC08, HCS08 (MC9S08), RS08 (MC9RS08)
- COP8C for National Semiconductor COP8
- C6805 for Freescale MC68HC05
- SXC for Ubicom SX
- Z8C for Zilog Z8, Z8+
- C38 for Mitsubishi MELPS740
- Cypress-C for Cypress M8A/M8B
- Fuzz-C™ Fuzzy Logic Compiler
Each Code Development System has a C compiler targeted to a specific microcontroller family, with a built-in macro assembler, editor, development environment, and library and example programs in source code. Each compiler features tight, highly-optimized-executable code,with interrupt support, symbolic output for emulators, and support for source-level debugging on popular emulators.
Each Byte Craft Code Development System includes a
- C compiler targeted to a specific microcontroller family
- Editor and Integrated Development Environment
- Library and example program source code
Byte Craft compilers generate tight and fast executables, as well as configurable listing files that allow analysis of the generated code and original source.
Header files describe each processor derivative. #pragma statements configure the compiler for available interrupts, memory resources, ports, and configuration registers.
Convenient #defines make your programs portable between members of a processor family. C extensions include bit and bits data types, binary constants, case statement extensions, direct register access in C, embedded assembly, initialization control, direct variable placement and interrupt support in C.
- Absolute Code Mode links library modules into the executable during compilation.
- The BClink Linker uses a Linker Command File to link and locate relocatable object files.
Code development systems include BCLIDE, a custom-designed Integrated Development Environment. BCLIDE optimizes the process of developing code for embedded microcontrollers by offering:
- As an integral part of Byte Craft's Code Development Systems, BCLIDE follows the same conventions as Byte Craft's compilers and other tools. BCLIDE organizes a source file and listing, cross-reference, and other resource files together within one tabbed window, reflecting the compiler's view of the project.
- BCLIDE provides an interactive menu of header and library files, based on the paths listed in the project.
- BCLIDE presents the error output of the Code Development System compiler, and allows you to navigate between source files to find the source line that caused the error.
- If you use a separate linking operation, BCLIDE creates Linker Command Files when you use BClink.
- The BCLIDE Programmers' Editor maintains bookmarks in program files, inserts customizable templates using hotkeys, and performs syntax highlighting.
The Fuzz-C Preprocessor for Fuzzy Logic makes it easy to add fuzzy logic control to an embedded microprocessor application. The preprocessor translates a source file of mixed fuzzy-logic statements and C statements to a file of pure C source code. The resulting C source file can be compiled using any C compiler to quickly integrate fuzzy logic with supporting C functions.
The C code that is produced is efficient and reliable. Standard defuzzification methods are included in source form, and new methods can be easily added. Fuzzy functions and C functions are completely integrated and can call each other.